Our medical care is limited to providing healthcare to women, which is known as the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology. Obstetrics is the realm of care given to women when they are pregnant.
Gynecology involves examination, diagnosis, and treatment of women’s health-related problems.
We are dedicated to caring for women’s unique needs, focusing on individualized health care, patient education, and shared decision-making with our patients.
Our physicians are board certified in the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology as well as Fellows in the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Each of our physicians consistently exceeds state and organization requirements for continuing medical education. Dr. Byron is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
If a problem arises outside our scope of care, we will refer you to physicians in other specialties and work closely with them in your best interest.
- Management of routine and low-risk pregnancies, ultrasounds, childbirth education, nutritional guidance, and lab work are all available in-office.
- High-risk pregnancies are jointly followed by our physicians so that multiple approaches to care can be formalized in conjunction with a high risk pregnancy clinic.
- Diagnosis and treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding including the use of hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation, and other alternatives to hysterectomy. Thermal ablation can be done in the office.
- Diagnosis and treatment of abnormal pap smears including colposcopy, laser surgery, and in-office Leep procedures.
- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic pain including laparoscopy, advanced operative and laser laparoscopy.
- Evaluation and treatment of infertility factors such as endometriosis, tubal disease, adhesions, and ovulatory dysfunction using various techniques such as laparoscopic corrective surgery, ovulation induction, and intrauterine insemination.
- Vaginal and abdominal hysterectomy including laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy and supracervical hysterectomy.
- Vaginal and abdominal surgery including the repair of pelvic relaxation prolapse (fallen bladder) and stress incontinence, including the new, minimally invasive procedure, TVT (tension-free vaginal tape).
- Evaluation and treatment, both surgical and non-surgical, of female incontinence including stress urinary incontinence. Specialized, complex evaluation of bladder mechanics is available in-office.
- Preventive medicine and patient education regarding pap smears, perimenopausal/menopausal changes, high-risk sexual activities, P.M.S management, contraceptive management, and common gynecological problems such as vaginitis, urinary tract infections, and breast lumps is provided.
- Diagnosis and treatment of other disorders of the female reproductive system. Lab work and ultrasounds are also available in the office.